This could be your opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading Cycling retailers. First established in 1981, Hargroves Cycles are a recognized cycling retailer in the South of England who are trusted by the cycling community. We ensure the products and services needed by cyclists are readily available at the best possible prices, supported by the highest levels of customers service. Hargroves Cycles reaches the rest of the UK and internationally through its website, an online destination for the cycling community seeking out the latest products from the industry’s leading brands.
Bike Mechanic – Monday to Friday
Location: 150 Commercial Road, Totton, Southampton SO40 3AA
Hours: Full time (Mon-Fri)
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 – depending on experience
Hargroves Cycles are looking for an experienced Bike Mechanic to join our Websales team based in Southampton. We are looking for someone who has a passion for cycling, holds a recognized qualification as a cycle technician (Cytech Level 2 or equivalent experience), and can demonstrate a proven track record as a cycle mechanic.
About The Job
The ideal candidate will have good experience of building and maintaining all bike types, good knowledge of Shimano and SRAM groupsets and a clear desire to work as part of a strong and committed team. If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to build, repair, and maintain high-end cycling equipment, then we would love to hear from you!
- Building and inspection of all bike types including performing adjustments to PDI standard
- Packaging of bikes for dispatch in an efficient and professional manner
- Basic Warehouse operations such as booking in of stock, safe manual handling of deliveries and boxed bikes
- Play an active role in maintaining an efficient stock management system
- Occasional driving of company van preferred, but not essential
You’ll Need The Following Skills
- Good technical knowledge of an extensive range of bikes (including e-bikes) and cycle equipment
- A Cytech Level 2 qualification or equivalent industry experience with additional training provided to the successful candidate
- Ability to work in an efficient manner to meet required deadlines
- Good knowledge of Shimano and SRAM groupsets
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a basic computer competency
Enjoy our benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Trade price staff purchase scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
- Pension contribution scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Secure indoor bike storage
Full time – Monday to Friday (Flexible hours available).
£20,000-£24,000 dependant on experience
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with the subject header Bike Mechanic – Monday to Friday