The Fix Your Bike voucher scheme has been set up by the Department for Transport and Energy Saving Trust to help more people rekindle their love of cycling.
The scheme is open to anyone who has an unused bicycle in need of repair, getting them back in the saddle and on the road, by providing a £50 voucher covering or towards the cost of a bike service and repair*.
Hargroves Cycles are proud to give our full backing of the scheme by offering a bike service and full safety check designed specifically to get your bike back on the road costing £50. Additional parts and labour beyond this value will be chargeable.
To participate in the scheme, all you need to do is follow an easy three-step process:
- Apply for your free £50 voucher using the online platform, where you will need to provide some basic details about yourself and your bike. You can do that >>> here
- Get in touch with your local Hargroves store and book a appointment
- Bring your bike into the store along with your unique voucher code and two forms of ID** and we’ll do the rest
What is included in the service:
- A clean down of the frame and forks
- Brake check, making any necessary tweaks
- Realign the gears
- Measure and apply oil chain
- Tyre and wheel inspection
- Full safety check
- Provide full diagnostics reports, suggesting any parts that may need replacing
*Up to 2 vouchers redeemable per household. One voucher per bike.
**Accepted forms of ID include: valid driving licence photo card with address OR passport; national identity card (non-UK); residence permit; AND one of the following documents in hard copy or electronic form, (provided that the document is less than 3 months old): utility bill, council tax bill, mortgage statement, council/housing association rent card, benefit book.
Vouchers must be valid at the point of redemption. The bike owner must be 18 or over. Repairs must be necessary to make the bike roadworthy and fit for purpose.